Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Cabin - 4th of July Trip

We decided to head over to the cabin for the 4th of July weekend since Rusty goes bonkers when he hears fireworks. The trip started off well. Leaving Friday afternoon, we didn't hit any traffic on our way over which was a huge surprise. Even "Nervous" Lola did pretty well in the car (which is also a surprise). We have to crate her now, but it defiantly helps keep her somewhat settled during our car rides. Friday evening we decided to take the dogs to the lake so they could swim. We also took along my Aunt's dog "Toby" for a quick swim. We were having a good time until Toby decided to run away from us (we think it was because Garrett was chasing him, trying to get him to come back). While Garrett ran after Toby, I packed up the other dogs and went running after Garrett but couldn't find them anywhere. I was running up and down the street in different directions all while panicking that we lost Toby. To make a long story short, Toby ended up running straight back to the cabin. I guess he didn't want to swim anymor. LOL. After all, I ended up getting my second workout of the day in (a 10-minute sprint, with the babies). I think they were wondering why we were running so fast and so far :)

Saturday, we decided to try the lake again, and ended up running into a wasp nest. Garrett was stung 5 or 6 times and me and Lola were also attacked. I was only stung 3times, but it was a stressful situation. Especially because as Garrett was getting stung, he let go of Casey's leash and (one that likes to run away.) Thank god we were right by the lake because she ran towards the water and it was easy for me to get her back. After the wasp attacks we came back to the cabin, took some Benedryl and slept for a few hours. When we woke up all the sting spots seemed to have disappeared so we headed to the Old #3 (best burger joint in Roslyn) for some dinner and drinks. The next day however, I woke up and the sting on the back of my calf was swollen, red, and severely itchy (no fun). I guess that wasp really got me good :)

Besides those two incidences we had a great time. Finally on Sunday we went down to the beach around 7am and we had the whole place to ourselves (go figure). The babies had a blast. They swam for the longest time! Here are some pictures:

So Excited...we're going camping. (Casey and Rusty. Lola in Kennel behind)


The 3 Stooges


Big Russ


Princess Lola


Everytime we tried to take a picture of the mountains in the background we kept cutting off our heads. It's the best it was going to get!


Just Chillin


Casey with stick, Russ behind


Casey again


Lola got it this time


Lola and Russ


Lola, Russ, Casey (from left)


Lola, Casey (trying to steal Lola's stick), and Russ (from Left)


Monkey


Princess


Monkey


Lola, Russ, Casey


Monkey


I took Grandma to the Cle Elum parade. This was while we were walking back to the card after the parade. She is sporting her beads she got from one of the floats :)


In the car on the way home. This is Rusty and Casey cuddling. They were so tired after our long weekend!! What you can't see if Lola going crazy in her kennel. She was not a happy camper on the way home. Although I did see her lay down twice in her kennel, but it only lasted a minute or two. Next time I am considering drugs. For Lola that is.... :)


This was a picture of my leg the day after I was stung.

0 comments: