Friday was Garrett's 28th birthday. We started the day by working of course, but I took him out at night. I surprised him with dinner at 13 Coins in South Lake Union. I wanted to take him somewhere we both have never been before so after long research and a couple of recommendations I made my choice. By research I mean I had to check menus to make sure there was food he could eat on his diet (only 3 more weeks of this diet...whoo hooo). Dinner was amazing. Garrett ordered the fillet mignon and king crab legs. The steak was so good, he thinks it is the best one he has ever had. Besides the fact that the food was awesome.....we sat in the captains chairs at the bar. It was a fun experience watching the chefs cook all the food right in front of us. Very cool place.
To Garrett's surprise the night was not over yet. I had purchased tickets for the Blue Comedy Collar Tour featuring: Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engval, and Larry the Cable Guy. When pulling up to the Key Arena he started guessing everything but comedy (i.e. George Strait, Reba McIntyre, Lady Antebellum, etc.) Let's just say....he didn't have a clue, but when he found out it was Blue Collar he was so excited! We had great seats and the show was so funny. I would say it was a pretty good birthday!
Saturday we took the babes on a long walk down to the lake for their first swim of the year. Even though the water was still pretty cold, the sun was out so that made up for it all. They didn't care....they loved it anyway.
Rusty is always such a happy boy (especially when he is with his mama)
I swear Lola had more fun then it looks like here (she hates pictures. What a pout face huh??)
And Casey....another happy puppy (she is turning 4 next Friday...Big Girl)
Happy to be out in the sun!!
On another note.....I start my new job on the 15th (1 week from tomorrow). I am super excited to start a new adventure in my career. I am just so excited to work normal hours without the pressure to always work 55-60 hours per week. I probably won't know what to do with myself!! Ha Ha Ha...I bet I will figure something out!
As I said above...only 3 more weeks until Garrett's bodybuilding show. The 16 weeks of dieting is almost done :-) He already knows exactly where he is eating after the show and even the following day: Quiznos before the morning pre-judging contest and Jack-in-the-Box right after the evening show. Then we drive home and he wants to order pizza when we get back. Sunday morning he wants breakfast at the Sun Break Cafe in Auburn and Olive Garden for dinner. I guess I better not eat for a whole week getting ready to conquer this with him...LOL!
We're still alive!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment