Last week I had my 28 week doctor appointment which included a growth ultrasound, glucose blood test, and visit with the doctor. Everything with the baby looks great. He's measuring in the 54th percentile for weight (2 lbs, 8 ounces) and all fluids around baby look good as well. This also marks the start of my 3rd Trimester - we're getting closer!
Here's a recent picture from the ultrasound. The tech tried to get as much of his body in one shot as possible, but he's just too large at this point. Sorry for all the reflections, taking a picture of a picture never works out too well.
His nursery is coming along. I was not a big fan of the first wall color I selected, so after Garrett and my dad painted the first round, I had to break the news that it needed to be re-done. Just too bright for my liking. So another 6 paint samples later, I went with a light baby blue color that I ended up loving. Last night, we put together the crib and the room is starting to look much more like a nursery now. The matching dressers are at my parent's house and we'll be bringing them over here next weekend.
Daddy's little helpers!!
All finished!
Thumbs up!
Over the past couple weeks I completed my registry at Babies R Us. My boss Michelle went along with me which was great because she's such a practical person and I just knew she'd have great advice. It's so hard knowing what you'll need when you're a first time parent! So after a couple hours in the store with her and another trip back the following night with my mom, it's finally finished and off my plate (for now anyways!)
Other than baby, we're all doing well. Garrett's 30th birthday was earlier in the month and Casey's 6th birthday was last Monday. I unfortunately missed out on Casey's actual birthday because I was traveling to South Dakota for a business trip, but she was well taken care of in my absence by her daddy and grandma. We celebrated a few days earlier when I was home - I don't think she cared that much!! As you'll notice on the photo, I didn't have enough icing to write "Happy Birthday Casey", so I had to settle with "Casey" - you get the point :) I also attached a group photo that we always take on birthdays, but this was the best one I could get...Rusty didn't want to look at the camera. Oh well!
We're still alive!
11 years ago
1 comments:
it is so cool to see him grow. Cant wait to meet the little guy. Glad the crib got done.
Post a Comment