Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 15, 2012

32 Weeks

We're getting closer & closer to meeting our little man! I'm now 32 weeks along and have started my twice a week appointments. Each Monday I have an ultrasound to check fluid around baby & his growth progress (because of my placenta issue) and a NST (baby stress test.) Then on Thursdays I have a second NST of the week. For the NST they hook up monitors to my belly to track the baby's heart rate and monitor whether or not I'm having contractions. They're looking for his heart rate to increase for at least 15 beats and then come back down to base line. They'd ideally like to see this happen 2 or 3 times before I come off the machine. The appointments took FOREVER last week because once he started moving around, it was difficult to track his heart rate (since he still has room to move.) Both my nurse and doctor said that by 34 or so weeks, he won't have as much room in there, therefore making it easier to get heart rate reads on him. All-in-all, the doctor said everything looks great. His ultrasound last Monday measured him at 4.3 pounds (69th percentile.) He was 2.8 pounds (54th percentile) at my 28 week ultrasound - so he's definitely growing! Doctor says everything is going well!

31 Week Ultrasound


NST Machine


This weekend we put some finishing touches on the nursery. After weeks of looking, I ended up buying wall decals from Etsy and decided on a monkey theme.





These 3 little ones love hanging out in their brother's room! Many people have been asking me what the doggies are going to do when the baby comes. I'm sure there will be some adjusting, but to help with the transition, I've started spending time in the nursery each day, so they get used to being in there more. I think they like it - they look pretty happy :)


RLC had baths today, so of course we had to take photos :) Pretty cute if you ask me!


One more photo that I just couldn't resist posting. Garrett and I went to our favorite fro-yo place (Elements in Puyallup) on Friday night. In my opinion, Garrett picks the most awkward, disgusting mix of flavors & toppings imaginable, but to him - it was the BEST THING EVER!! It was a little melted when I took the photo, but you get the idea.

Included in his bowl-
Fro-yo flavors: chocolate, cake batter, wildberry & tart
Toppings: chocolate chips, skittles, junior mints, sour worms, walnuts, caramel sauce & chocolate sauce!

0 comments: